butterfly chicken breasts with a herb stuffing
This recipe is delicious served with new potatoes and seasonal vegetables. The perfect gluten free recipe for a dinner party.
Suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
50g (2 oz) DS-gluten free Multigrain Bread
10ml (2 tsp) olive oil
2 – 3 shallots - finely diced
15g (1/2 oz) pine kernels
25g (1 oz) chestnut mushrooms - chopped
1 stalk of Rosemary - leaves removed and chopped
15mlsp (1 tbsp) fresh flat leaf parsley
¼ tsp Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon made up with 50ml (2fl oz) boiling water
Sea Salt and cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven 190°C/375°F/ Gas Mark 5
2. Make the stuffing: place the DS-gluten free multi-grain bread
(the crust can also be used), in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs, place in a medium bowl.
3. Heat the oil in a small frying pan and fry the shallot, pine kernels and mushrooms until soft and very lightly browned. Add to the breadcrumbs.
4. Mix the herbs into the breadcrumb mixture and bind together with the stock, season.
5. Lay out the chicken breast on a chopping board and carefully cut into the breast along one side as though filleting (DO NOT CUT RIGHT THROUGH), fold the top side back to open it up, so you have a butterfly affect.
6. Place the two cut chicken breasts on a greased baking sheet, top with the stuffing mix down the centre and place in the preheated oven.
7. Cook uncovered for 20 – 25 minutes until cooked, serve with garlic and rosemary roasted potato cubes and fresh green vegetables.