All recipes make fillings for 2 Dietary Specials Brown Ciabatta rolls
or fillings for 2 slices of Dietary Specials sliced bread
, topped as a sandwiches. Refresh the bread or rolls according to the instructions on the wrapping. If you wish spread the bread or rolls with butter or a spread.
Avocado and Egg
2 Dietary Specials Brown Ciabatta rolls
1 large egg – hardboiled and cooled
1 small ripe avocado
5ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
10ml (2tsp) mayonnaise (gluten free)
Cress or pea sprout leaves
1. To prepare the avocado, cut in half, remove the stone and peel away the skin, cut each half into 4 slices and drizzle over the lemon juice.
2. Slice the egg into 6 or 8 rings.
3. Cut the Dietary Specials Brown Ciabatta Rolls
in half and spread both halves with mayonnaise.
4. Place 4 slices of avocado onto each of the rolls, top with the egg slices and some cress or pea sprout leaves.
Sweet Chilli Chicken and Carrot
Bought cooked chicken can be purchased for this filling but ensure it is gluten free or you can use slices from freshly cooked chicken you have roasted or you prepare the chicken according to the recipe.
1 chicken breast
1 spring onion, topped and tailed and cut into thin rings
1.25ml (1/4 tsp) chilli powder
1 tsp chilli oil or olive oil
Oven 180°C/ 160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4
For the sandwich
4 slices Dietary Specials White Sliced Bread
Green leaf salad
4 – 6 slices of chicken (depending on size)
1 small carrot, topped tailed and grated
10ml (2 tsp) Sweet Chilli Sauce – gluten free
1. Place the chicken breast onto a baking tray, sprinkle with the chilli powder and chopped spring onions and drizzle over the oil. Place in a preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes or until cooked, cool.
2. Place some green salad leaves onto 2 slices of bread, place on the sliced chicken pieces and grated carrot.
3. Drizzle 1 tsp of the sweet chilli sauce over each filled slice and top with the remaining bread slice.
Tuna and Cheese Pate
A quick easy and nutritious recipe that is very tasty for children or adults.
4 slices Dietary Specials Brown Multigrain Bread
86g can Tuna in brine (56g drained)
50g cheddar or double Gloucester cheese, grated
2.5mlsp lemon zest
5mlsp lemon juice
10mlsp fresh chopped parsley or chives
15mlsp Greek yoghurt or mayonnaise
Freshly ground cracked black pepper
1. Tip the drained tuna into a medium mixing bowl, add the cheese, lemon zest and juice and mix together
2. Stir in the chopped parsley and yoghurt and combine together. Season with the cracked black pepper.
NB Do not over mix otherwise it loses its texture and becomes too smooth.
3. Spread the filling onto the Dietary Specials Brown Multigrain Bread