chicken pasta salad
Chicken Pasta Salad
A quick and easy pasta salad, perfect for picnics and parties.
250g Dietary Specials Penne Pasta
225g cooked chicken breasts, cut into small slithers
85g frozen broad beans, defrosted
50g sundried tomatoes in oil, sliced
150ml yoghurt, Greek or smooth
3 tbsp mayonnaise, gluten free
1 tsp oil from the tomatoes
1 dessert spoon of olive oil
lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sprig of basil (torn)
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling, lightly salted water with a dessert spoon of olive oil for about 7 minutes. Stir the pasta a couple of times when cooking to prevent it from sticking together. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Put the cooled pasta into a bowl and add the broad beans, sun dried tomatoes and chicken.
3. Add the dressing ingredients (yoghurt, mayonnaise, tomato oil, lemon zest and juice). Stir well and season to taste.
4. Add the torn basil leaves and stir again.
5. Serve garnished with basil leaves.