cranberry and apricot stuffing
115g DS-gluten free White Loaf
(you could also use Brown Multigrain Loaf
or Brown Ciabatta Rolls
1 small onion, chopped
1stick celery, chopped into small pieces
2tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 2 x 5mlsp (2tsp) dried parsley
25g/1oz ready to eat apricots cut into small pieces
50ml fresh orange juice
2tbsp cranberry sauce (gluten-free)
Optional 25g/1oz walnuts or pine kernels, chopped
1. Crumble the bread (the crust can also be used) or place in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Place breadcrumbs in a bowl.
3. Melt the butter and fry the onion and celery until soft and very lightly browned. Add to the breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the parsley, apricots and nuts (if using) and seasoning. Pour in the orange juice and stir in the cranberry sauce.
5. Bind the mixture together and use either for stuffing the neck of a chicken or turkey, or make into 8 - 10 stuffing balls and cook at 190°C/170°CFan/ Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes. Alternatively place mixture in an ovenproof dish and cook at the same temperature for 35-40 minutes.