These are very rich and decadent squares, highly addictive and a real treat.
85g unsalted butter
100g continental dark chocolate
125g (1 Pack) Trufree Bourbon Biscuits
50g desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
85g glace cherries, quartered
50g crystallised papaya
150g continental dark chocolate
1 tsp walnut oil or groundnut oil
Baking tin 20cm x 20cm lightly greased
1. To make the base: melt the butter and chocolate together in a medium bowl placed over a pan of hot water (not boiling).
2. Remove the bowl from the pan and stir in the remaining base ingredients.
3. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it level with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. For the topping: Melt the chocolate and oil together in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Allow to cool for a few minutes before pouring over the biscuit base.
5. Spread the chocolate over the base with a knife and then tilt to and fro to allow the chocolate to completely level and become smooth.
6. Refrigerate again for 30 minutes but before the chocolate topping has completely chilled and hard, mark out the portions by just cutting the chocolate with a sharp knife. Chill until ready to serve.