A vegetarian alternative to a traditional roast using the DS-gluten free Brown Multigrain.
Suitable for people diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
15mlsp (1 tbsp) olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
85g (3oz) chestnut mushrooms, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, crushed
410g tin Butter Beans – drained, rinsed and mashed
115g (4oz) roasted hazelnuts, chopped.
115g (4oz) DS-gluten free Multigrain Bread
made into breadcrumbs
5mlsp (1tsp) dried thyme
30mlsp (2 tbsp) flat leaf parsley, chopped
30ml (2 tbsp) soya plain yogurt
150ml (1/4pt) vegetable stock
Plenty freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil and fry the onion and mushrooms until soft, adding the garlic at the end of cooking.
2. Mash the drained butter beans in a large bowl, add the hazelnuts, breadcrumbs, herbs, and yogurt
3. Stir in the fried onion mixture and mix well. Season to taste.
4. Press the mixture into a greased 1lb loaf tin, cover with foil and bake at Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F for 1 1/4 hours.
5. Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes. Turn out and garnish the top with fresh herbs.
To save time chopped roasted hazelnuts can be purchased at the supermarket