bean patties with coriander and chilli yogurt
These savoury patties can be prepared in advance and are complemented perfectly by the yohurt dressing, which has a bit of a kick!
Suitable for people diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
50g (2oz) DS-gluten free Multigrain Sliced Bread
made into breadcrumbs
15mlsp (1 tbsp) olive oil
4 spring onions – topped and tailed
½ green chilli - deseeded and finely chopped
½ yellow pepper – deseeded and finely chopped
5mlsp (1 tsp) ground coriander
410g tin mixed beans or mixed beans and pulses –coarsely mashed
30mlsp (2 tbsp) fresh coriander – chopped
85ml (3floz) soya plain yogurt
½ small green chilli – deseeded and chopped
15ml (1 tbsp) fresh coriander - chopped
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a frying pan and add spring onions, chilli, yellow pepper and coriander, fry until soft and golden, add the beans and coriander.
2. Place the breadcrumbs on a plate, divide the bean mixture into 4 sections, pat into burger shapes and coat in the breadcrumbs.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, place in the bean burgers and fry for 8 minutes turning after 4 until golden brown.
4. Place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and combine together.
5. Serve the patties with the dressing and a sweet potato and carrot mash.
To get a true flavour of ground coriander, dry fry coriander seeds and grind with a pestle and mortar