brie and mushroom taste sensation
Tasty as a starter for friends or a lunchtime snack, cheese lovers everywhere will enjoy this easy to prepare gluten free recipe. This recipe was submitted by one of our runners up for our gluten free recipe competition in June 2010. It is quick and easy to prepare for even the novice cook. Amounts of ingredients can be adjusted according to the number of people you are serving. Each person should have a filled ramekin.
Suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
1 tbsp Olive oil
300g Mushrooms (a wild selection are best, (mini portabella and chestnut are easily obtainable)
1 tbsp Fresh tarragon
1 tbsp Brandy
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Sliced or flaked almonds
1. Fry the mushrooms and shallots with the olive oil until softened and slightly tinged with brown; add the brandy and tarragon, season to taste.
2. Fill the bottom of the ramekins with slices of brie, 2-3 slices per ramekin.
3. Add half the prepared mushroom mixture to each ramekin, sprinkle with almonds and then add the remaining mushroom mixture, top with a few more almonds.
4. Bake in a preheated oven 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6 for 8 minutes or place under a moderate preheated grill for 4 – 5 minutes
5. Serve with warm DS-gluten free Brown Ciabatta rolls