1½ slices DS-gluten free White Sliced Loaf, made into breadcrumbs
500g turkey mince
2-3 spring onions, thinly sliced
½ tsp chilli flakes or 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 lime, zest and juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2.5cm (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 egg, beaten
1. In a large bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, turkey mince, spring onions, chilli lime zest, garlic, ginger and coriander until all the ingredients are blended together.
2. Add the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and egg and bind together with a fork.
3. Shape into 4 thick or 8 thin burgers, either in a burger press or by pressing firmly into balls and flattening with the hands.
4. To cook, either place on a heated greased griddle pan or on the BBQ. Cook for 7 minutes per side for thin burgers and 10-12 minutes per side for thick burgers.
5. Serve with a cucumber relish or gluten free sweet chilli dipping sauce and DS-gluten free Soft White Rolls or Rustic Rolls.