All Recipes_Irish make fillings for 2 DS-gluten free Brown Ciabatta Rolls
or fillings for 2 slices of DS-gluten free sliced Bread
, topped as a sandwiches. Refresh the bread or rolls according to the instructions on the wrapping. If you wish, spread the bread or rolls with butter or a spread.
Suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
Smoked Peppered Mackerel with Yogurt and Mustard Dressing
2 DS-gluten free Brown Ciabatta Rolls
Rocket and watercress
1 small peppered smoked mackerel fillet (depending on size)
4-6 slices of cucumber
10ml (2 tsp) natural yogurt
5ml (1 tsp) lime juice
2.5ml (1/2 tsp) horseradish sauce (gluten free)
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl.
2. Cut the rolls in half, place the rocket and watercress onto the bottom half of the 2 rolls, place on the cucumber followed by broken pieces of mackerel, spoon the dressing on top of the mackerel followed by the roll top.
Avocado and Egg
4 slices of DS-gluten free White Sliced Bread
1 large egg – hardboiled and cooled
1 small ripe avocado
5ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
10ml (2tsp) mayonnaise (gluten free)
Cress or pea sprout leaves
1. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and peel away the skin, cut each half into 4 slices and drizzle over the lemon juice. Slice the egg into 6 or 8 rings.
2. Place 4 slices of avocado onto 2 slices of bread, top with the egg slices and some cress or pea sprout leaves.
3. Spread the mayonnaise over the other 2 slices of bread and place on top of the filled sandwich
Sweet Chilli Chicken and Carrot
Bought cooked chicken can be purchased for this filling but ensure it is gluten free or you can use slices from freshly cooked chicken you have roasted or you prepare the chicken according to the recipe.
1 chicken breast
1 spring onion, topped and tailed and cut into thin rings
1.25ml (1/4 tsp) chilli powder
1 tsp chilli oil or olive oil
For the sandwich
4 slices DS-gluten free Brown Multigrain Sliced Bread
Green leaf salad
4 – 6 slices of chicken (depending on size)
1 small carrot, topped tailed and grated
10ml (2 tsp) Sweet Chilli Sauce – gluten free
1. Place the chicken breast onto a baking tray, sprinkle with the chilli powder and drizzle over the oil. Place in a preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes or until cooked, cool.
2. Place some green salad leaves onto 2 slices of bread, place on the sliced chicken pieces and grated carrot
3. Drizzle 1 tsp of the sweet chilli sauce over each filled slice and top with the remaining bread slice.