fruit n nut cornflake squares
Great as an 'on the go' breakfast bar or morning snack at work.
Suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
100g DS-gluten free Cornflakes
, very lightly crushed
150g condensed milk
25g golden syrup
35g hard margarine or butter
50g chopped roasted hazelnuts
50g dried cranberries
50g dried blueberries or sultanas
25g pumpkin seeds
Lightly greased 20cm x 20cm baking tin
- Preheat the oven 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the condensed milk, syrup and butter in a medium pan until it just comes to the boil; gently boil for 4–5 minutes until it is tinged brown. Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine together.
- Grease the tin with oil or butter. Add the cornflake mix to the tin and spread evenly over the tin with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then mark into portions.