peach & sultana bread & butter pudding
A delicious winter pudding.
Suitable for people diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
9-10 slices DS-gluten free Multigrain Bread
, crusts removed
50g (2oz) butter
50g (2oz) sultanas
1 large fresh peach with the skin and stone removed, then sliced or a small can of sliced peaches, drained
50g (2oz) caster sugar
3 medium sized eggs
500ml (18 fl oz) whole milk
1 x 5mlsp (1 teaspoon) mixed spice
You will also need a baking dish, 20cm x 20cm (8” x 8”) and 5cm (2”) deep, lightly buttered.
1. Generously butter the slices of bread on one side and cut into fingers. Put half into the prepared dish.
2. Sprinkle over half the sugar and the majority of the sultanas, but reserve some for the top, then place on the peach slices.
3. Top with the remaining bread, buttered side up.
4. Whisk together the eggs and milk, and pour over the bread.
5. Sprinkle the top with the remainder of the sugar, sultanas and mixed spice.
6. Leave to stand for 30 minutes, so that the bread absorbs some of the liquid. Bake in an oven at 160°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3 for 45 minutes - 1 hour, until set and the top is crisp and golden.