ginger glazed pineapple wedges
The pineapple tastes delicious drizzled with honey.
Suitable for people diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
½ pineapple cut lengthwise
10ml (2 tsp) clear honey
2.5mlsp (1/2 tsp) ground ginger
1. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, leaving the stalk intact. Remove the core and cut along the skin to loosen the flesh,
reserving the skin shells.
2. Cut the flesh into pieces and return to the pineapple shell.
3. Wrap the green leaves of the stalk in foil. In a small bowl mix the honey and ginger together.
4. Preheat the grill and drizzle the honey mixture over each piece of pineapple.
5. Place on a baking sheet and grill approximately 10 minutes until golden and caramelised. Serve the pineapple on its own or with natural soya yogurt.