crunchy banana split
Children will have good fun decorating this dessert and you can let them be especially creative in piping the cream into shapes. This would make a lovely Mother’s or Father’s Day surprise.
Suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
10g DS-gluten free Cornflakes
4 TRUfree Chocolate Fingers
4 scoops gluten free vanilla ice cream
100ml double cream
100g strawberries, hulled and cut in half
To serve: Gluten free toffee dessert sauce (optional).
1. In a small bowl whip the double cream until it holds its shape. Put it into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle or just set to one side.
2. Roughly crush the cornflakes and chocolate fingers into a small bowl.
3. Peel and slice the bananas lengthways, then sandwich together on separate serving plates with 2 scoops of ice cream.
4. Scatter the strawberries over the split bananas and top with rosettes or spoonfuls of the cream.
5. Sprinkle with the crushed cornflakes and fingers and drizzle over the toffee sauce if required.
TIP: If you do not have a piping bag, cut off the corner of a polythene bag and fill with cream.
TIP: If your child is fussy about eating fruit, the cornflakes and chocolate fingers mixed through ice cream is a yummy pud!