chunky marmalade bread and butter pudding
Classic recipe for Marmalade Bread and Butter Pudding. A traditional dish with a gluten and wheat free twist!
Suitable for people diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
25g (1oz) Butter
6 slices DS-gluten free Multigrain Loaf
25g (1oz) sultanas
85g (3oz) chunky thick marmalade, gluten free
2 large eggs
400ml (14 fl oz) milk
½ x 5 mlsp (½ tsp) vanilla extract
¼x 5mlsp (¼ tsp) freshly grated nutmeg
1. Use a small amount of the butter to grease a medium baking dish 1150mls (2 pint) capacity. Spread the remaining butter over one side of the slices of bread. Spread liberally with the chunky thick marmalade.
2. Cut the bread into 3 diagonal ‘roughly shaped’ triangles. Lay 5 – 6 triangles flat at the base of the dish, angle the other slices and overlap them to fit.
3. Scatter the sultanas over the bread.
4. Beat the eggs in a large jug, then add the milk and vanilla extract.
5. Pour the egg and milk mixture all over the bread and let it soak in for a few minutes. Cover and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.
7. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool for a few minutes and serve with single cream.