baked apple with a tropical filling
This is delicious served with natural soya yoghurt.
Suitable for people diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
2 large Bramley apples
25g (1oz) ready to eat tropical fruit mix
10ml (2 tsp) clear honey
2.5mlsp (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
25g (1oz) hazelnuts, chopped
5mlsp (1tsp) lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
2. Combine the chopped fruit mix with the honey and cinnamon in a small bowl, add the chopped hazelnuts.
3. Core the Bramley apples and place in a baking dish.
4. Coat the hollow of each apple with lemon juice.
5. Fill each apple generously with the fruit and nut mixture and bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes until cooked through and glazed.
6. Delicious served warm with natural soya yogurt.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 – 40 minutes