We know children love fish fingers but you can’t beat homemade ones so give this recipe a go!
Suitable for people diagnosed with coeliac disease, those who are suffering from a gluten and wheat allergy or intolerance.
200-225g cod or haddock fillet, cut into bite size pieces
75g DS gluten free White Sliced Loaf
, made into dried breadcrumbs (see recipe below)
1 small egg, beaten
2 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Crumble the bread down and place on a tray at the bottom of the oven until they are dry and crisp. The crumbs need to be fine so either whizz them in a food processor for a minute or place them in a polythene bag and roll over them several times with a rolling pin. The crumbs can then be stored in a jar or a polythene bag in the refrigerator for up to one week.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C /180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
3. Place egg in a bowl with the seasoning and the dried crumbs on a plate.
4. Dip the fish pieces into the egg, ensuring they are well covered and then coat in the breadcrumbs, turning several times and pressing down the crumbs onto each piece.
5. Place the fish on a greased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
6. Serve immediately with mash potatoes, boiled new potatoes or chips and your child’s favourite green vegetables.
Tip – These can be prepared and frozen as long as the fish hasn’t been previously frozen.