cranberry & apricot stuffing
115g (4oz) DS-gluten free Multigrain Sliced Bread
12 ½ g( ½ oz) butter
1 small onion, chopped
1stick celery, chopped into small pieces
2 x 15mlsp (2tbsp) chopped fresh parsley or 2 x 5mlsp (2tsp) dried parsley
25g (1oz) ready to eat apricots cut into small pieces
50ml (2floz) fresh orange juice
2 x 15mlsp (2tbsp) cranberry sauce (gluten-free)
optional 25g (1oz) walnuts or pine kernels, chopped
1. Crumble or place in a food processor the Multigrain Bread
, the crust can also be used, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Place crumbles in a bowl.
3. Melt the butter and fry the onion and celery until soft and very lightly browned. Add to the breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the parsley, apricots and nuts (if using) and seasoning. Pour in the orange juice and stir in the cranberry sauce.
5. Bind the mixture together and use either for stuffing the neck of a chicken or turkey or make into 6 – 8 stuffing balls and cook Gas Mark 5/ 190°C for 20 minutes, or place mixture in an ovenproof dish and cook at the same temperature for 35-40 minutes.
NB Dietary Specialties brown
sliced bread can be used for this recipe or the bread made from Dietary Specialties mixes.